Many people are raised to only view pigs as “food.” A commodity to be be used, abused and disregarded. However, they are intelligent, social creatures.
Did you know . . . ?
– Pigs are more intelligent than dogs or 3-year-old humans.
– Pigs are clean animals. They will not soil the areas that they sleep or eat in.
– Pigs prefer to eat slowly and savor their food. They do not “pig out.” Also, they can be picky eaters. Like humans, they develop food preferences.
– Pigs will wag their tails when they are content & happy.
– Pigs are affected by seasons. During the winter when its gray & gloomy, they may be irritable and sleep more. While in the Spring, they are energized and “dance” about.
– Pigs may have poor eyesight, but their sense of smell is great!
I encourage you to learn more about pigs and donate either time or money to protect & support these amazing animals. To get you started, discover all there is to know about Pigs Peace Sanctuary.